Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kicking & Smiling

I've been putting off posting some new stuff because I have nothing to talk about!  My life is in a state of transition, but even that transition is a question mark.  The only newness is Elijah, but I didn't want to be the mom that ONLY blogged about her kid...especially considering he's still negative 4 months old!  But then I had a revelation, this is my blog - deal with it. 
So...
I'm finally feeling some kicking!  I think I've actually been feeling it for a couple weeks now, I just didn't know what it was.  I tell other moms this and they say, "Oh ya, it feels like butterflies right?"  No.  It doesn't.  I don't know if it was because of the sickness blinding me to it or what the deal was, but I never felt the "butterflies."  What I did feel was something like someone taking a q-tip and poking me with it.  That's how tiny the feeling was!  The lady who did the ultrasound asked if I'd been feeling kicking and I said, " I think so, but I'm not sure."  Then she put the little thingy to my tummy and said, "Oh ya, you have.  It's an active little one." 
So there ya go.  My son is saying hi already, genius.  Even my mom has felt him!  I think Luke has too, but he's in the same boat I was and doesn't want to say he has when he was actually feeling the gas in my tummy (No.  I didn't just admit that.). 
I'm very excited to learn his sleeping patterns and little personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment