Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Luke's wife


I see so often that when a couple has children, all of a sudden, their children define their marriage.  Chrystal becomes Elijah's mom, not Luke's wife.  I know there is a love and committment that comes with having children, but what if we had that same thought towards our spouse? 
My last blog before Eli comes will be about my husband, not about my coming baby.  (But I love you, my boy!)
Luke has been so amazing throughout this whole pregnancy.  He has been at every possible appointment, has let me be moody, has made me feel beautiful and taken care of me.  The amazing thing is that he's always been like this!  I'm so spoiled.  I'll admit it.  He pulls around the car for me, opens doors for me, helps around the house, cracks me up, and just makes me feel so loved.  He unknowingly challenges me all of the time to be a better spouse, just by being such a wonderful spouse to me. 
He didn't have the best example as to what a husband should be growing up, but he has broken so many generational "traditions" in the way he treats me.  Our children will know what it is to be a godly man, husband and father, and I am so thankful for that.
Soon our lives will change in so many ways.  New career, new baby...a new life.  I thank God that he's the one that will be beside me through it all.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Luke has been loving you so well. What a wonderful example he will be to baby Eli.

    This also makes me excited to be married and enjoy someone who loves me well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, please tell me how you do your blog! PS. I am so excited for you. And let me tell ya that husband and wife stuff.... wow my how you will appreciate him so much more. It's amazing what parenthood does to marriages! Enjoy girl, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrystal,
    Lovely post. I agree with your thoughts about children...and how they can detract from the marriage. Children often fulfill that "happily ever after" story, and sometimes it's easy to forget the relationship that made the dream come true. A lovely tribute to your partner in life.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm... that makes me smile. :) Beautifully written! Thank you, Chrystal!

    Love,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete