Sunday, July 18, 2010

Learning the Language Day 1

I've been listening, but I'm not sure I'm going to get this baby language.  I think I can hear when Eli says "Eh" & "Neh" but that's about it.  He's sleeping on daddy right now though so we must be doing something right. 
The study did say that if the parents don't pick up on the cues that baby is giving, they will eventually stop giving them.  How awful!  No wonder we can't remember being infants! It's got to be so frustrating to not be understood.  So, for my son's sanity I'm going to keep at it.  Eli, I'm trying to understand you!  Just give me some time!
I do think it's great that someone did finally listen to the different types of cries.  Of course, we adults are so focused on making our children give us the cues we taught them, that we don't listen to the language they're already using.  So, good on ya, Dunston.  I'm going to try my best to learn the baby language.

No comments:

Post a Comment