I now know what the "good old days" are. I'm in them - Immersed, enveloped, completely surrounded by them. I find myself amazed at what God has given to us within such a short time.
I went from crying, crushed because I "wasn't pregnant" to a couple weeks later finding out I was. I went from feeling like I was babysitting another person's baby to being completely in love with my son. From thinking, "Oh my goodness, we're never going to find a house!" To God saying, "You will find one and I will make sure you feel safe in it." I can't figure out why I am always stressed. God has always taken care of us. In the midst of my break down, He always reminds me of that fact. "Oh right! You have haven't You?" "Yes, Chrystal. Yes, I have."
I'm trying to stop and enjoy this time. This will be the times that Luke and I look back and say, "Remember when..."
Remember when...
I called you in a panic, begging for you to come home because someone was knocking on one of our doors and running? Oh wait...it was just the ice dropping into the ice tray.
Remember when...
We just had one baby to take care of?
Remember when...
I fried our comforter in the dryer?
Remember when...
You got commissioned? I was so proud of you that day
Remember when...
We had that stupid car in which the back window fell down while you were driving down the road?
On and on it goes...It's true - These are the good old days.

You are fortunate to realize this now so you can cherish these moments even if you become frazzled at times!!! We love and miss your beautiful family, Chrystal!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to catch up with you girl... We should get together!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I shouldn't read your blog while pregnant. You got me all choked up.
ReplyDelete