Monday, February 27, 2012

P**P and Walmart

Prepare yourself, reader. I am in the height of my frustration and you are about to read about it. 
No censorship, no sugar coating.

I just got back from Walmart.  What kind of place is that anyway???  My husband used to boycott them, and I'm starting to think he had the right idea.  I was going to be such a great wife.  I went to Walmart to get the oil changed so Luke wouldn't have to do it tomorrow when he gets back in town.  It was going to be one checkmark on the "Preparations for Sea World" to-do list.  Killing 2 birds with one stone is always a goal of mine, so I forfeited the commissary prices and thought I could do my grocery shopping while my oil was being changed.  Genius.  Going one place to get two things done is such a help when you have young children (can I get an "Amen"?). 
First, it took them about 15 minutes to even get me checked in.  I gave my phone number 100 times and heard, "Sorry, ma'am" about 200.  Whatever, I'm still in a good mood.  Let's just get this done.
I shopped to my heart's tummy's content and then heard my name being paged. "Chrystal...M..ass..ee..u..rak, please come to automotive."  Perfect.  My plan had worked, I was already making my way back there with a full cart of food.  Well, my car wasn't done.  IT WASN'T EVEN STARTED.  They don't have the book on 2011 Escapes and didn't know how tightly to torque the something or other. 
I got the info off of my last oil changed receipt, and left them to do their job.  We ate lunch at McDonalds, played with the bikes, and waited.  When my car was done, the guy checking me out said, "Ya...make sure you keep this receipt for future reference 'cuz we don't have the book on this."  REALLY?!  It's my fault that Walmart can't splurge for up to date references?!?!?  No discounts, no special attention nothing.
I finally put out of the parking lot and start scanning for a homeless girl I'd seen when I drove in.  Normally I don't give them anything, but this girl struck a cord with me for some reason.  I had a bag of bread, peanut butter, jelly and a cupcake (a cute, girly one from the bakery) ready to give her (see below).  Well, because of Walmart, I wasn't able to hand it out.  She was gone.  She was freaking gone. 
I'm already crazy angry when I get home, and I walk into a house that smells like poop.  I let Lexi out of her cage and check around for it.  Nothing.  OK...maybe it's left over from the other 50 times she's done it.  I decided I needed to wash her blankets, so I puledl them out and walked across the living room.  Then I hear it.  The clunk, clunk of dog shit hitting the floor behind me.  REALLY!?!?  (Again) REALLY!?!?  Can someone just come kidnap her so I can be relieved of a source of stress?
Well, I need to go calm down.  I think Downtown Abbey is calling my name.  No wait...that's Eli up early from his nap.  It just never stops does it? 
My husband will be a sight for sore eyes....and a tired mom.
So, so cute  :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment