Isn't normalcy surprisingly wonderful? It's amazing how much we take it for granted and even get restless with it. When our world is rocked though or change happens, we tend to cling to it as if it was our best friend.
I'm not sure what my definition of normal is. I guess it would be anytime that Luke is home. I know it's crazy, but one of my favorite things to do when Luke is here is to go grocery shopping at the commissary. Most people loath the thought of grocery day, but for me, I get to have a glimpse into our future. The number one positive is that I get great deals! They even have a section just for sale stuff! It's the best! Number two is that I get to be with the heros of our nation and I get to pretend like I live among them. It's still a novelty to me, military bases. That's, most likely, where we'll raise our children and have so many good memories. I get excited just thinking about it!
I think that's why I can't step foot in the commissary when Luke's gone. It makes me acutely aware that I'm alone. That things aren't normal. The one I vowed to spend my life with doesn't always get to be with me.
Luke got home last weekend and ever since I've been so thankful for the nights we get to share, for the excitement and the fast beating of my heart when I hear him unlock the door to the apartment after a day of work & the days that we get to take Lexi for a walk.
Always appreciate the time with your spouse. Never take for granted the little "hellos" you get to say to each other at the end of the day. Relish in the times you get to do the "every day things" like getting groceries. Keep in mind that "normal" = wonderful.
I know I won't...
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment