Monday, January 3, 2011

The Wandering Begins

It's time.  Our lives are no longer ours.  We had a home, we had plans, we had comfort and now it's gone - all gone.  The adventure is beginning, but I'm not quite sure I am as adventurous as I thought I would be! 
We had our orders to stay in Colorado.  We had a few places to wander to first, but at the end of the day - Colorado would still be our home. 
Then, Kentucky happened.  Luke was set to go TDY to Kentucky for about 5 months.  He was stationed at Ft. Knox until May and then to he'd go to Georgia for a short time after that.  During this time, Eli and I were going to stay with my parents in IL.  Then, the Army decided to shake things up a little (yippee...).  They decided that it'd be fun for Luke's class to be stationed in KY for the 5 months instead of going TDY there.  What does that mean? Well...let me tell you:
1. Now we don't know if/when we will be going back to Colorado
2. He has to find housing for himself instead of having the Army pay for it
3. Our housing allowance goes down because cost of living in KY is cheaper than CO
4. We won't get separation pay
5. Renting our house got a lot more complicated

Panic set in little bits at a time over the past weekend, but God (the best 2 words to say right?) made a way.  Today our list got a little less intimidating.  House rented out - check, Luke finding a place in KY - check, helping out a friend by letting them use our car while we're gone - check, Chrystal's sanity back - check.  For a bonus, I also got Lexi's nails trimmed and her leaky butt soothed today (If you don't know what that means, you don't want to).

Luke and I also celebrated our 4 year anniversary on the 30th.  So far, the score is 2 anniversaries spent with my parents and 2 spent with Luke (1 was spent sick from being pregnant).  It's ok though.  This is the life we signed up for.  We'll learn how to deal with it and have quite the stories to tell someday.  Trials brings Luke and I closer together anyway.  There's always a plus side.  God provides, He always will and we'll be stronger because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment