Monday, January 23, 2012

Need Some Advice

Alright all of you decorator friends!  I need some advice on what to do with my boring fireplace area.  Sorry the pic isn't that great, but I'm hoping it gives you an idea of what it looks like and the space around it.  I need something RIDICULOUSLY easy that I could do myself.  If I had to have help (ok...someone else can help me level a mantel or something) I wouldn't do it. 

My ideas so far
Option 1:
Paint the "frame" of the fireplace red, black, or brown (simplest idea)
Option 2:
This one's from Mot/Pinterest.  I'd need to "dumb" it down a bit though. How I'd do that I have no idea!
Option 3:
This mantel is my fav, but I don't know where they got it. 


Finally, Option 4:
This one is pretty much option 3, but without the cute, little sides.  This is what I'm leaning towards. 

Questions to think about
1. If I paint the area, what color?  (red, black, or brown?)
2. If I do get a mantel, what color? (white, black, or brown?)
3. Is a mantel a weird idea?  As you can see, my TV is right above the area.  Would a mantel just be in the way?

I need some HELP!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment