Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Apple Farm!



This past weekend, a few friends of mine & I went to the Happy Apple farm.  It's the third time we've been in three years and has become  quite the tradition!  This year, we went a little late and the pumpkin patch was more like a pumpkin graveyard.  I think that we all were a little saddened by the site of all the poor pumpkins sitting out in the unforgivably, hot sun with no one to pick them up and take them home.  Luckily, there were a few still ripe for the picking and we all chose the perfect pumpkin pet to make our own.  I have to tell you though, people are RUTHLESS at pumpkin patches!!!!  I set down my pumpkin to do something and some little, thief of a kid STOLE MY PUMPKIN!  He was caught redhanded, but I was in such shock that I couldn't utter a word!  How dare he?!  Luckily, I did get a picture with my little pumpkin before the thief ran off with it (see below).  At least we had a few moments to share.



Beautiful, isn't he?  OK, OK, he's a little hidden, but you get the picture.
So anyway, after I recovered from my devastation, I did find another pumpkin to call mine.  (Although, now my dog apparently tried to eat it when she saw it today.  Man...can't a girl just enjoy her fruit!?)

All in all, it was a great time.  I'm sad to think that Luke & I may not be here this time next year, so this might have been my last time going to Happy Apple.  Times are a changin' in the Masiarak house.  Next week or the week after, we'll find out what Luke's military job will be.  That will be a huge factor in determining our future.  Don't worry, I'll let you know as soon as we know, but for now we'll be content to stay in our home with our little, orange pumpkin friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment