Oh the joy of early pregnancy. For the past two days, I've done my hair, put my makeup on, and whatever else I could manage from the comfort of my bathroom floor.
My first 7 weeks were great. Ignorantly, I was so worried that my lack of sickness and food aversions were a bad sign. I thought maybe I wasn't really pregnant, or worse, that I was, but wasn't any more. Then it hit. My days of nausea. My "feeling great" comments ended this past weekend. Now, even having my space heater too close to my feet makes me want to throw up. To steal Renee's writing style - I have the piece of crap wonderful priviledge of having my office right across from the communal kitchen. This morning the smell of coffee gently greeted me from across the hall. Although I've never enjoyed coffee (except if you put 3/4 creamer in and 1/4 coffee) I've always enjoyed the smell. Then, some monsterous smell interrupted my bliss! I don't know what it was, but I praise God for my office door now. Don't people know that there is a pregnant lady right next to the microwave!?!? That whatever they decided to have for breakfast this morning made me want to lose mine!?!?
I'm sure every expectant mother thinks to herself, "He'd/She'd better appreciate what I'm going through right now!" Well mom, I can say now - I DO. I think even the guys eventually get a smidge of appreciation at some point. Like when they hear something through the shower curtain and ask there wife if they're ok. "Yes, I'm fine, just dry heaving is all." I think it's at that moment that new parents really realize how awful beautiful pregnancy is.
Next week we have our second doctor appointment and I'm hoping that well get to hear the heartbeat. I'm not sure, but that would be a great encouragement.

Oh Girl! I hope it gets better for ya. I was blessed with a wonderful pregnancy, nothing like this, so I can't really relate, but I can imagine your pain. Just hang in there. I am telling you, when you hold your baby in your arms, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WENT THROUGH is SOOOOO STINKIN' WORTH IT! You will see... Second trimester is the best! Third is the worst.... but you are almost to the second, just hang in there! - Love Autumn
ReplyDeleteHey Hon - I couldn't stand the site of raw meat in the morning when Steve would say do you want this for supper YUCK don't show me that. AND I couldn't handle Orval Reddenbacker (SP) popcorn oil. It was my fav untilI became pregnant. It is all worth it. Hang in there. Can't wait to see you two in a couple of weeks!!! Love Aunt Marsha
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Oh, that's hilarious! Well written!
ReplyDeleteAnd steal away... actually that's a writing style that I stole from KingdomTwindom.com who I think stole it from MckMama.com, who might have stolen it from someone else. ;) Enjoy!