Psalm 139:13 (New International Version)
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
This verse just amazes me. How often can you say that God is tangibly, literally, & visually, creating something before your very eyes? I'm astounded. I don't even know how to put into words how awesome this is to me right now, and how real.
Wednesday was the second time we went to the doctor. Me, the worrier, was just excited to hear the doctor tell me, again, that I really am pregnant. I needed a stinking good reason for feeling this horrible. I asked her what the normal time is to be able to hear the heartbeat. She said it is 12 weeks and although I'm only a 10, that we could try. She asked if I would promise not to worry if we didn't hear the heartbeat, I said no, but to try anyway!
She put the goopy, aloe vera type stuff on my belly and started listening with the doppler. She went back and forth, back and forth. All the while I was praying, "PLEASE God, I NEED to hear this!" My doctor is so awesome, because she didn't give up. Finally, she cocked her head and listened a little more intently. "Can you hear it?" she asked. And at that moment Luke & I got to hear the faint, 10 week, beat of our baby's heart. I just laughed the day we actually heard it, but reliving it brings tears to my eyes now.
I'm so excited to finally be a mom. I asked Luke who he thought the baby would look like. "Me at first," he answered, "because it will be bald." He makes me laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment